Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Blizzard - 2010

The winter weather over New Year's weekend forced us inside to spend our days building block towers, reading books, coloring, and riding around the living room in the coupe.  John & I both got off work early on Thursday & daycare closed a couple hours early.   

This is the view out the back patio door Friday (New Year's Eve) morning.

The front step & sidewalk



Here's the same view, only Saturday morning (Happy 2011!) & a much higher drift


When all was said & done we got around 9-10" but the 40 mph winds were what did us in.  Other than John being exhausted from snowblowing so much, I think we all enjoyed greeting the new year snowed in together. 

1 comment:

The Gilje Crew said...

WOW!! I meant to ask you about how that was going and the 100 car pile up. That is crazy high drifts!

Love the 3rd picture, I can totally see you smiling at him taking the picture. :)