Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, April 18, 2011

Don't mess with Texas


Here's day 1 and a 1/2 of our vacation to Texas.  More to come!

Day 1/2: Travel, travel, travel. 

Thankful to be done flying for the day!


Traveling is exhausting!

We stopped by the fine establishment of Whataburger when we got to Garland on Thursday.  I should research more into it...is it a Texas thing?  Southern thing?  Whatever it is, they don't rate too high on their food or customer service. 


Day 1: Dallas Aquarium

Birds! 
This was one of the first exhibits & Colin could've left after it.
He was enthralled. :)



Lots of squeals were heard while watching the rays.



Love this


Penguins


Big sharks



Colin, Helena & a jaguar

I was probably the only one interested in the flamingos.
They were pretty - but kind of boring.

 After the aquarium, we all (Grandpa, Aunt Jen, & cousins Helena & Luke) grabbed lunch on a patio and enjoyed the sunshine in between 30 mile an hour wind gusts.

Alexa and I shopped that afternoon while the boys napped and swam in the pool.  We ate supper on our own so that Colin could go to bed at a decent hour, while the rest of the family had (from what we hear) an amazing, multiple course dinner with bottomless wine.    


1 comment:

The Gilje Crew said...

No way! I remember you telling me you had a trip planned and didn't realize it was now. Looks like sooo much fun, I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!!

LOVE the family one and the one with the caption "love this". Even though they all are awesome.