Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, March 1, 2013

Lydia Kae

 Our sweet girl decided to make an early entrance, arriving at 8:44 PM on Valentine's Day (38.5 weeks).  Despite all efforts to turn her she was still breech when I went into labor.  We rushed to the hospital after work on Thursday and shipped Colin off to have a sleepover at Will's house.  Less than 3 hours later, we heard little cries in the operating room!  The peanut weighed in at 5 lbs. 14 oz.






Froggy legs!



Meeting baby sister



Excited to be a big brother



Grandma



Uncle Andy & Auntie Susan


Grandma & Grandpa Rau



Auntie Alexa & Uncle Luke






All ready to go home



Colin has been such a great big brother these last 2 weeks.  He loves to give Lydia hugs and kisses and help wake her up from naps.  I can't wait to watch these two grow up together! 
 

2 comments:

The Gilje Crew said...

OMG How did I miss this, and how did I not restock my tissues before opening it. I sooo happy for you two and love every single one of these pictures. Glad that she made a healthy delivery, even if she was doing it all on her own terms.

Can't wait to meet her in person!!

Bassett Swanson said...

Thanks for the pictures and the update! She is a little peanut and so precious! Glad to here it all went well (not maybe as planned) but a healthy little girl. She just wanted to come early so she didnt have to share her bday with her Mamma! Enjoy all your new baby snuggles!